Devin Duvernay, WR — Baltimore Ravens
Another solid week for the rookie wideout, who totaled three receptions for 31 yards, along with a 37-yard return on a kickoff that set up a Ravens touchdown. Baltimore improved to 5-1 with the 30-28 victory over the Eagles.
DeShon Elliott, DB — Baltimore Ravens
Watch the incredible hustle play Elliott makes below. Even though Philadelphia recovered the fumble, Elliott never gave up on the play and almost saved seven points while forcing a turnover. He also dropped an interception, but added three tackles and a pass deflection.
Marcus Johnson, WR — Indianapolis Colts
I’d like to apologize to Marcus Johnson, our readers, and everyone else for leaving out MJ in my NFL recap over the past few weeks. The speedy wide receiver led the Colts with five receptions on 108 yards in their comeback win over the Bengals. Johnson has had nine catches overall in their last three games for 188 yards, but looks like he’s starting to develop rapport with Phillip Rivers.
.@Mojomdj is a playmaker.— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) October 18, 2020
FOX | #CINvsIND pic.twitter.com/eywMUWkUg6
A reminder to put “Marcus Johnson” as a write-in candidate for president this fall #CINvsIND pic.twitter.com/TNtUZHuys2— RosterGuy Sports (@RosterGuy) October 18, 2020
Brandon Jones, DB — Miami Dolphins
The rookie had a solid outing as Miami routed the Jets 24-0. Jones finished with three tackles, one pass deflection, and a TFL. Also impressive was Jones being hurdled by teammate Christian Wilkins.
brandon jones shooting the gap to stop frank gore in the backfield. punt. (impressive leapfrog by christian wilkins) pic.twitter.com/4L2WjSMB36— josh houtz (@houtz) October 18, 2020
- Tough week for Malcolm Brown as the Rams running back only saw two carries while Darrell Henderson Jr. shouldered most of the load with 14 carries. On the plus side, Cam Akers didn’t see any action last night so it seems Sean McVay opted to just stick with Henderson. Brown also did have three receptions for 18 yards and only saw five fewer snaps than Henderson.
- Jordan Hicks took a lot of slack in the Cardinals win over Dallas because he dropped a sure interception in his hands that could’ve been a pick six. Either way, Hicks led the team in tackles with 10 total with a pair of TFLs.
- Tough week for Bengals’ Trey Hopkins and Cowboys’ Connor Williams, but the two lineman have been rare brights spots on a pair of struggling teams. Hopkins did a nice job on DeForest Buckner, one of the best defensive tackles in the league, in the video below. Cowboys lost Zack Martin to injury early in the 1st quarter, leaving Williams as the only returning starter on the offensive line to finish the game for Dallas.
Burrow makes a bad read and throw here that should have been intercepted. The one nice thing on this play is Trey Hopkins successfully blocking Buckner 1 on 1. pic.twitter.com/tQ86kzkdFE— Sans (@bengals_sans) October 20, 2020
- Not a great week for the Jacksonville Jaguars after losing 34-16 to the Detroit Lions. Collin Johnson did not have a catch as Gardner Minshew was held in check for most of the game.
- Patriots DB Adrian Phillips turned in a great performance with 11 tackles and two TFLs as New England shockingly fell to the Broncos. P.J. Locke didn’t see many snaps on defense, but is getting playing time on special teams. Coach Belichick had some kind words on Phillips and his role with the Pats during his Monday presser:
Bill Belichick discussed Adrian Phillips and the overall play of the Patriots secondary.#Patriots | https://t.co/PsDIkSSy3F pic.twitter.com/1KnUMpmEyF— NESN (@NESN) October 19, 2020
- Chiefs defensive end Alex Okafor added one tackle and a half tackle for loss in their win over the Bills. Texans Defensive end Charles Omenihu had another quiet game with just one quarterback hit as Houston fell to the Titans in overtime. Eagles defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway added one solo tackle in Philly’s loss to the Ravens.
- Justin Tucker went 3-3 on FG’s (including a 55-yarder that could’ve gone 60+) and was 3/3 on XP’s.
- Titans DB Kenny Vaccaro made some great plays in the Titans overtime win against the Texans along with eight tackles and a pass deflection. Head coach Mike Vrabel is doing a great job with the Tennessee secondary, making the Titans contenders again. If only they weren’t quarterbacked by an Aggie.
- Kris Boyd and Holton Hill missed their second straight game with injuries for the Vikings, who gave up 40 points to the Atlanta Falcons. Malcom Brown, Malcolm Roach, and the Saints were idle this week along with Michael Dickson, Quandre Diggs, Poona Ford, and the Seattle Seahawks (check out Seattle’s twitter video of Dickson below). Malik Jefferson, who saw action against the Saints last week, also had a bye with the Los Angeles Chargers.
With 14 punts inside the 20 and a net average of 45.1 yards this season, @mdcksn consistently delivers pic.twitter.com/PDJtmjGpPt— Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) October 18, 2020