Malcolm Brown, RB — Los Angeles Rams
Brown enjoyed a solid outing for the Rams with his second touchdown of the year, along with 57 rushing yards. Los Angeles dominated Chicago all night as Brown and Darrell Henderson Jr. combined for 121 yards on the ground.
Poona Ford, DT — Seattle Seahawks
How about this forced fumble by Poona Ford?
Malik Jefferson, LB — Los Angeles Chargers
Malik Jefferson helped force a fumble on special teams for the Chargers, wrapping up Dede Westbrook before the Jaguars wideout took a lick from Tevaughn Campbell. Jefferson, who signed up the Chargers this year, is mostly contributing on special teams.
- Malcom Brown and the Saints held on against the Panthers for a 27-24 victory with Brown accounting for one tackle.
- Although the Seahawks lost a thriller to Arizona in overtime, Quandre Diggs had a leaping interception off of former Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray. Michael Dickson added a 66-yard punt as Seattle lost their first game of the season.
- Collin Johnson caught one pass for 13 yards as the Jaguars fell to the Chargers 39-29. With quarterback Gardner Minshew on the hot seat, CJ might have a different quarterback throwing to him in the next couple weeks.
- The Houston Texans could not bring Aaron Rodgers down all game and the former MVP made them pay for it by throwing for 4 touchdowns passes in the Packers 35-20 victory. Defensive end Charles Omenihu recorded only one tackle and one QB hit and marks the the third straight game he’s finished with only one tackle.
- Adrian Phillips and the Patriots were taken to the woodshed by Texas Ex Kyle Shanahan and the 49ers. Phillips finished with seven tackles and one tackle for loss in New England’s 33-6 loss but it wasn’t all on the defense. Cam Newton and Jarrett Stidham combined for four interceptions while Garrapolo threw two picks himself.
- Tough game for Kenny Vaccaro as the Titans dropped their first game of the season to the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-24. Tennessee did pick off Ben Roethlisberger three times, but fell short to the undefeated Steelers. Vaccaro ended the game with four total tackles.
- You already know the Cowboys lost 25-3 to the Football Team. You know that Connor Williams is the only remaining starter from last year who isn’t injured and is playing out of position. Not much else to say except hopefully the NFL will decide to not air Cowboys game on television for the rest of the season. We’re also an injury away from Garrett Gilbert taking snaps at quarterback.
Injury bug for Ex-Horns
- Cardinals linebacker Jordan Hicks left Sunday nights game in the fourth quarter after an injury, but contributed seven tackles in Arizona’s wild overtime victory over the Seahawks.
- Bengals starting center Trey Hopkins was injured during Cincinnati’s matchup against the Browns and did not return to the game.
- Awful news for Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Hassan Ridgeway, who is out for the rest of the year due to a bicep injury suffered Thursday night against the Giants. Ridgeway was having a nice season in a backup role on the Eagles defensive line with 11 total tackles and one sack so far this season.
- Saints defensive end Malcolm Roach also missed today’s game against the Panthers for undisclosed reasons. Chiefs defensive end Alex Okafor also was inactive due to a hamstring injury.