The Texas Longhorns possibly need a win more than they have in the last few years.
Texas dropped two games already this season, putting them in a must-win every week, in addition to the lack of momentum on the recruiting trail. It doesn’t help that the No. 6 Oklahoma State Cowboys have owned the matchup as of late, winning four of the last five and seven of the last ten matchups against the Longhorns.
The Cowboys enter the game with one of the top defenses in the conference statistically, leading the Big 12 in scoring defense and sitting at No. 2 in yards per play. However, floating that average is a win over the Big 12’s worst team — the Kansas Jayhawks.
Oklahoma State also has tons of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, with Chuba Hubbard, Spencer Sanders and Tylan Wallace all working to pace the offense.
Through five games, however, Texas has largely struggled to develop an identity or any consistency on the ground. The offensive line has underperformed with fifth-year senior Denzel Okafor and redshirt sophomore right tackle Christian Jones joining the starting lineup and Kerstetter moving from right tackle to center.
- The Longhorn Republic tries to figure out the Baylor matchup.
- Texas hoping to bring its A-game to to Stillwater.
- Take an in-depth look at what Oklahoma State brings to the table.
After the Baylor game I’m starting to feel more and more confident. The Texas corners have yet to allow a receiver over 100 yards this year and the defensive line looks better every game. They did a great job of limiting Sanders, Hubbard, and Wallace last year and I think they could do it again.
- Freshman WR Troy Omeire (knee) — out
- Sophomore LB Ayodele Adeoye (shoulder) — out
- Sophomore WR Jordan Whittington (hip) — out
- Freshman OT Jaylen Garth (chest) — out
- Sophomore LB Luke Brockermeyer (turf toe) — out
- Junior LB Joseph Ossai (arm) — probable
How to Watch:
Time: 2:30 p.m. Central
Radio: Texassports.com. Broadcasts are also available on Sirius 132, XM 199, and App Ch. 953
Online Streaming: Fox Sports App
Odds: Texas -3.5
Weather: 47 degrees and sunny