The No. 15 Texas Longhorns still have their goal of competing for championships in front of them, but cannot afford a misstep in the final three games of the season if they want any chance at the championship game.
Their final big test of the season comes on senior day as Texas welcomes the No. 13 Iowa State Cyclones to town. With them comes a dynamic playmaker in running back Breece Hall and a potent pass rush. Iowa State also currently sits atop the Big 12 as the only team with one loss in conference play with just two games left on their schedule, so Saturday’s matchup will go a long way in determining who ends up playing for the trophy.
“It takes 11 players to play good defense and we’re not where we need to be yet, but we’re getting closer, and we’re getting better,” Ash said last week.
- Healthier Longhorns will have their hands full in key game vs. Iowa State
- Wide Right & Natty Lite Q&A: Breece Hall makes the Iowa State offense go
“It really has been the offensive line that has allowed this. Yes, Breece Hall is extremely talented and is an NFL-caliber running back, but this is the best offensive line in the Matt Campbell era...”
- Freshman WR Troy Omeire (knee) — out
- Sophomore LB Ayodele Adeoye (shoulder) — out
- Junior RB Keaonotay Ingram (ankle) — out
- Sophomore WR Joshua Moore (shoulder) — probable
- Sophomore TE Jared Wiley (shoulder) — probable
How to Watch:
Time: 11 a.m. Central
Radio: Texassports.com. Broadcasts are also available on Sirius 132, XM 199, and App Ch. 953
Online Streaming: WatchESPN
Odds: Texas -1
Weather: 68 degrees. Thunderstorms.