Justin Tucker, K — Baltimore Ravens
Death, Taxes, Justin Tucker.
It’s always sweet to see Tucker kick a game-winning field goal, but it’s even sweeter when it’s against Baker Mayfield. Even Mack Brown weighed in on Twitter...
Justin does it again. The best to ever do it. https://t.co/cmr4gair7A— Mack Brown (@CoachMackBrown) December 15, 2020
It was also the 16th career game-winning field goal for Tucker, according to Ryan Mink.
As someone in the comments stated, NextGenStats needs to change their model when Tucker is kicking. 100% chance he’s making it.
Colt McCoy, QB — New York Giants
McCoy came in on the final drive for the Giants after Daniel Jones was benched in the 26-7 loss to the Cardinals. McCoy completed two passes for 18 yards but was sacked twice and fumbled in his short appearance. Jones is expected to remain the starter in New York, but McCoy might see more snaps before the season ends.
Geoff Swaim, TE — Tennessee Titans
2020 is weird. But Ryan Tannehill throwing touchdown passes to Geoff Swaim weird? Swaim scored his first TD since 2018 — when he was with the Cowboys — and caught three passes for 34 yards as the Titans rolled the Jaguars.
He nearly scored twice...
- It appears Sean McVay is going to turn to Cam Akers as the lead back with Malcolm Brown going without a carry for the first time all season. Akers ran for 171 yards in Los Angeles’s 24-3 victory over the Patriots. Adrian Phillips finished with 10 total tackles and continues to shine in Belichick’s defense.
- Alex Okafor and the Kansas City defensive line roughed up Tua Tagovailoa with four sacks and eight QB hits. Okafor accounted for three of those hits on Tua with the Chiefs defense starting to come alive towards the end of the season.
- The Dolphins are giving Brandon Jones more and more playing time and he’s making the most of it, leading Miami with nine total tackles in their 33-27 loss to the Chiefs. Mahomes put up some big numbers as usual, but Sunday was one of his worst performances (if you can even call it that) with three interceptions. The Dolphins are currently clinging onto the last playoff spot in the AFC with a matchup against the Patriots next week.
- Collin Johnson caught two passes for 33 yards as the Jaguars benched Mike Glennon mid-game in favor of Gardner Minshew. I don’t think either is the answer at quarterback but with another blowout loss, Jacksonville is nearly locked into the No. 2 draft pick.
- Quandre Diggs and Poona Ford were quiet in the box score but the Seahawks blasted the winless Jets 40-2. Diggs finished with just one tackle while Ford recorded two tackles. Head coach Pete Carroll spoke about Poona on ESPN Radio Monday morning...
"He's such a good athlete. He doesn't have the body that'd suggest he's a good athlete ... he has special knack for the way he plays the game," Carroll said of Poona Ford. Says he's one of the better athletes on the team and is also a great shooter in basketball.— Brandon Gustafson (@TheBGustafson) December 14, 2020
- Well, it finally happened. Justin Tucker missed his first PAT of the season after it was blocked. Tucker did convert his four other tries. Michael Dickson was only needed twice by Seattle, punting twice with a long of 43 and one inside the 20-yard line.
More notes and stats
- Ravens focused on the ground game with Lamar Jackson only throwing 17 times. Devin Duvernay didn’t see any targets, with his only touches coming on kickoff returns.
- DeShon Elliott, Baltimore Ravens: 7 total tackles, 1 pass deflection
- Titans RB D’onta Foreman didn’t receive any carries on Sunday with Derrick Henry rushing for 200+ yards.
- Jordan Hicks, Arizona Cardinals: 8 total tackles (led team)
- Marcus Johnson, Indianapolis Colts: 1 target but 0 catches
- P.J. Locke, Denver Broncos: 1 total tackle (special teams)
- Charles Omenihu, Houston Texans: 2 total tackles
- Malcolm Roach suited up for the first time in over a month, recording two tackles in the Saints 24-21 loss to Philly. He played a big part in this 4th down stop (filling in for Malcom Brown at DT) but the Saints comeback fell just short to Jalen Hurts.
Kris Boyd (Vikings) — Injured on the first play and missed the remainder of the game
Malcom Brown (Saints)
Holton Hill (Vikings) — Injured Reserve
Kenny Vaccaro (Titans) — Illness