Quandre Diggs, S — Seattle Seahawks
The Pro Bowl safety set a personal record for interceptions with his fifth pick of the season:
This mic'd up audio of Jared Goff's interception to Quandre Diggs provides some truly fascinating insight. pic.twitter.com/wybshsmWK8— Field Gulls (@FieldGulls) December 28, 2020
While their schedule over the last few weeks hasn’t been the toughest (Jets, Washington, and the Rams), the Seahawks are heading into the playoffs in good form and healthy.
Alex Okafor, DE — Kansas City Chiefs
Entire DL working over the OL— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) December 27, 2020
Jones forces Ryan to scramble and Okafor does a good job working off the block to net the sack pic.twitter.com/LXTg9KVbOV
Around the League
- With Rams running back Cam Akers inactive on Sunday, Malcolm Brown was able to see ample playing time and it might only increase. Darrell Henderson Jr. was put on the injured reserve this week and with Akers injury status up in the air, Brown might be slated to start in the Rams must-win game this week. Brown rushed for 27 yards along with an eight-yard reception in the 20-9 loss to Seattle.
- Ravens wide receiver Devin Duvernay actually touched the ball not once, but twice! The rookie had one seven-yard gain on a jet sweep and one catch for zero yards in the Ravens 27-13 thrashing on the Giants. Teammate DeShon Elliott added four tackles in the victory with Baltimore in the playoffs heading into the final week.
- Look at this hustle from Poona Ford:
Poona traveled from the 24-yard line to make a tackle near midfield. Not many defensive tackles make that play.
- Jordan Hicks and the Arizona Cardinals find themselves currently outside of the playoffs following a 20-12 loss to the 49ers. Hicks ended up with six total tackles and one pass deflection, but the Cards need to win and the Bears to lose to make it in.
- Charles Omenihu had a solid game in the Texans loss to the Bengals, accumulating three total tackles and a quarterback hit.
- Chargers linebacker Malik Jefferson recorded a tackle on special teams but was injured doing so. No word on the severity of the injury though.
- Brandon Jones recorded three tackles in Miami’s last-second victory over the Raiders. The Dolphins currently are holding onto the fifth seed but a loss to the Bills could bump them out of the playoffs altogether.
- Malcolm Roach finished with one tackle along with a quarterback hit in the Saints 52-33 win over Minnesota.
- After scoring his first career touchdown against the Chiefs in Week 15, Lil’Jordan Humphrey was sent down to the practice squad. The Saints wide receivers corp is back to full strength, so don’t expect LJ to get called back up to the big leagues without more injuries.
- Adrian Phillips had seven tackles in the Patriots loss to Buffalo.
- Justin Tucker was perfect during Sunday’s win, 2/2 on FG’s and 3/3 on PAT’s. Michael Dickson punted five times, planting four inside the 20 with an average of 48.6 yards.
- It wasn’t a great week to be a member of the Titans secondary. Rodgers threw for four touchdowns in a blizzard as the Packers won 40-14. Kenny Vaccaro finished with five total tackles and two TFL’s with Tennessee needing a win to ensure a playoff birth.
D’Onta Foreman, Titans
Collin Johnson, Jaguars — Hamstring
Marcus Johnson, Colts — Quad
Geoff Swaim, Titans — Ankle (While he was “active” for the game, Swaim did not play after missing last week’s game with the same injury)
Kris Boyd, Vikings — Injured Reserve
Malcom Brown, Saints — Calf