After the high-profile positive coronavirus test last week for Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert helped shut down the NBA season indefinitely, former Texas Longhorns standout forward Kevin Durant was among four Brooklyn Nets players who also have COVID-19, the team revealed on Tuesday.
Seven NBA players have now tested positive.
“The organization is currently notifying anyone who has had known contact with the players, including recent opponents, and is working closely with state and local health authorities on reporting,” the Nets said in a press release.
“All players and members of the Nets travel party are being asked to remain isolated, closely monitor their health and maintain constant communication with team medical staff. The health of our players and staff is of the highest priority to the organization and the team is doing everything within its power to ensure that those affected receive the best care possible.”
Brooklyn paid a private company to conduct the tests.
The organization didn’t identify the Nets players who tested positive, but Durant reached out to The Athletic to say that he’s “feeling fine.”
“Everyone be careful, take care of yourself and quarantine,” Durant said. “We’re going to get through this.”
Durant has not played this season due to the Achilles tendon injury that he suffered in Game 5 of the NBA Finals while playing for the Golden State Warriors last summer.