The Texas Longhorns went into the bye week with questions to answer as they stare down the barrel at their third-consecutive ranked matchup, squaring off against No. 16 Baylor Bears on the road in Waco on Saturday.
Texas has to find answers for its second-half woes after being outscored 54-17 in the second halves of the last games after jumping out to early-game leads. The offense has suffered from similar ruts in the last two games, an inability to stay on the field which in turn puts the defense in tough spots. The Longhorn offense has spent an average of less than five minutes on the field in the fourth quarter of the last two games.
Conversely, the Bears are a team with a low-mistake offense — led by the play of quarterback Gerry Bohanon — while capitalizing on the deficiencies of their opponents. Can Texas afford costly issues and avoid a three-game losing streak?
- BON Roundtable: Texas needs a bounce-back win
- Previewing Texas vs. No. 16 Baylor: How the Longhorns can pull off the upset in Waco
- Glass half full, half empty outlook on the rest of Texas’ season
- Longhorn Republic Podcast: Previewing Baylor
- Winning is Hard Podcast: PK’s scheme and breaking down Baylor
- Freshman WR Jaden Alexis (knee) — out
- RS Freshman WR Troy Omeire (knee) — out
- Sophomore TE Brayden Liebrock (shoulder) — out
- Freshman CB Ishmael Ibraheem (knee) — out
- Senior OL Denzel Okafor (knee) — out
- Sophomore WR Jordan Whittington (clavicle) — out
- Senior DE Jacoby Jones (foot) — out
- Sophomore CB Kitan Crawford (hamstring) — day-to-day
- Senior LB DeMarvion Overshown (concussion) — cleared to play
How to Watch:
Time: 11:00 a.m. Central
Radio: Texassports.com. Broadcasts are also available on Sirius 132, XM 199, and App Ch. 953
Online Streaming: WatchESPN
Odds: The Bears are are a 2.5-point favorite at DraftKings. Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Weather: 77 degrees and sunny at kickoff