The Texas Longhorns are sitting on a four-game losing streak, but are in prime position to end it as they welcome the Kansas Jayhawks into Austin as big favorites.
The Longhorns are banged up, but the Jayhawks are likely to be without quarterback Jason Bean, who has been dealing with injuries all week. So head coach Lance Leipold’s offense will likely lean on running back Devin Neal, who is averaging 13 carries per game. If Miles Kendrick gets the start at quarterback, they will likely use him on the ground as well.
Texas could potentially be without three key contributors with sophomore running back Bijan Robinson, junior running back Roschon Johnson, and senior linebacker DeMarvion Overshown listed as game-time decisions. Transfer running back Keilan Robinson or freshman running back Jonathon Brooks may be looking at their first starts in Burnt Orange.
And there’s plenty of turmoil around the program to overcome, too — junior wide receiver Joshua Moore entered the transfer portal earlier this week following his alteraction with head coach Steve Sarkisian in practice before the Iowa State game and defensive line coach Bo Davis went on a profanity-laden tirade on a team bus last Saturday that somehow became public.
Ironically enough, though, despite the poor optics of the video leaking in the first place, the rant by Davis seemed to galvanize former players, current players, recruits, and the entire fanbase behind the fiery assistant coach.
So this one’s for Bo, and for culture.
- Previewing Texas vs. Kansas: Longhorns try to snap losing skid
- BON Roundtable: Texas hosts Kansas in hopes of snapping four-game skid
- Longhorn Republic Podcast: Previewing Kansas
- Steve Sarkisian reacts to the leaked video of Bo Davis Rant
- What the Bo Davis rant says about the current state of Texas football
- Freshman WR Jaden Alexis (knee) — out
- RS Freshman WR Troy Omeire (knee) — out
- Sophomore TE Brayden Liebrock (shoulder) — out
- Freshman CB Ishmael Ibraheem (knee) — out
- Senior OL Denzel Okafor (knee) — out
- Sophomore WR Jordan Whittington (clavicle) — out
- Senior DE Jacoby Jones (foot) — out
- Junior RB Keilan Robinson (COVID protocols) — out [5:05 p.m. Central]
- Sophomore RB Bijan Robinson (neck/head) — probable (game-time decision) [5:10 p.m. Central]
- Junior RB Roschon Johnson (turf toe) — probable (game-time decision)
- Senior LB DeMarvion Overshown (undisclosed) — available
How to Watch:
Time: 6:30 p.m. Central
Radio: Texassports.com. Broadcasts are also available on Sirius 132, XM 199, and App Ch. 953
Online Streaming: WatchESPN
Odds: The Longhorns are a 30.5-point favorite at DraftKings. Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Weather: 63 degrees and sunny at kickoff