FanPost

Texas favored to take home a road victory at TCU

Texas hasn't had the year they were looking for. Steve Sarkisian was supposed to come in and rub some of that Alabama greatness on the program immediately. Instead, it looks like it's going to take a little bit more time.

Texas isn't competing for a playoff spot this year, but a Big 12 title still isn't out of reach. While that may seem like a settling for second best, it's worth remembering Texas only has 3 Big 12 titles in the 27 year history of the league, the most recent of which was in 2009.

The journey towards that Big 12 title really starts in earnest with TCU this week. In a game that most expect Texas to win.

Odds

Oddsmakers like Texas in this matchup. The Longhorns are 4.5 point favorites, and they're given -165 odds to win the game outright. That's an implied 62.3% chance to win the game. Meanwhile, TCU is given +165, or an implied 37.7% chance to win the game.

So, it's safe to say that Texas, on the road, is a decent favorite in this one.

Matchup History

Texas and TCU is a long rivalry with a 91 game history behind it. It's a series that Texas has historically dominated as they've won 63 of the games. However, recently the series has been dominated by TCU.

The Horned Frogs have won the last 2 games and 6 of the last 7 games they've played. They haven't won at TCU since 2013.

So, while the series is one that Texas usually dominates. It's worth remembering that hasn't been true for a while. So, this point really goes to TCU.

Conclusion

Texas needs this game. As they try to turn around their fortunes and build a winning program before they head to the SEC these are the games they need to win. Dominate the other usually very good teams in the Big 12 en route to conference titles.

Sark hasn't been thrown into a real true Texas rivalry yet. This is is his first taste of the real Texas experience. A win or loss here will leave a mark. He needs this one as much as the program does.

All comments, FanPosts, and FanShots are the views of the reader-authors who create them.