After struggling to open conference play, the No. 22 Texas Longhorns are back in rhythm, after the return of starting quarterback Quinn Ewers ignited the offense to a 49-0 win over the Oklahoma Sooners.
Now, Texas has an opportunity to not only avenge one of last year’s most embarrassing losses, but snap a three-game losing streak to the Iowa State Cyclones in the process. Iowa State is in a rebuild year, replacing most of the offense that made them great in years past and has struggled to start conference play. But a win over Texas in Austin to right the ship would do a lot for head coach Matt Campbell and the Iowa State faithful.
- Wide Right & Natty Lite Q&A: Iowa State needs to find rhythm
- BON roundtable and score predictions: Revisiting the Red River Shutout, previewing Iowa State
Tom Herman was able to conquer the flyover defense the second time around and I feel confident in Sark’s ability to do it this Saturday mainly because I don’t think Iowa State can contain Quinn Ewers and Bijan Robinson and Xavier Worthy and Ja’Tavion Sanders for four quarters.
- No. 22 Texas vs. Iowa State advanced stats preview
- Longhorn Republic Podcast: Iowa State presents strength-on-strength matchup
- Winning is Hard Podcast: Can Texas snap their losing streak to Iowa State?
- No. 22 Texas looks improved, but now the challenge is remaining consistent
Not that Texas can’t or won’t lose another game this season — who knows, they might not — but for a rebuilding program in Year Two of the Sark era, that consistency is absolutely critical to building sustainable confidence, to inch closer to their goals, and finish with a season they’re proud of versus one they felt like they let slip away, as was the case in 2021.
- Senior OL Junior Angilau — out
- Senior WR Isaiah Neyor — out
How to Watch:
Time: 11:00 a.m. Central
Radio: Texassports.com. Broadcasts are also available on Sirius 132, XM 199, and App Ch. 953
Odds: The Longhorns are a 15-point favorite at DraftKings. Odds/lines are subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Weather: 81 degrees and sunny