The No. 7 Texas Longhorns have one thing standing between them and a berth in the Big 12 Championship game, the Texas Tech Red Raiders on Senior night.
A loss in this game doesn't necessarily eliminate them from heading to Arlington for a chance at a trophy, but it both makes things cleaner for them and gives them scoreboard against an in-state rival. With the matchup against Texas Tech not on the schedule currently, nor for the foreseeable future, the winner of this game gets the rights for in-state supremacy for as long as the game remains off of the schedule.
Texas, hopes to send its seniors out in style with a win over a team that not only beat them in an unlikely upset a year ago, but cut a promo following the game. A revenge spot on senior night gives the Longhorns plenty of extra motivation heading into their final regular season Big 12 game.
The Air Raid Red Raiders of old have turned into a run-it-down-your-throat, defensively strong football club. This is not the high-scoring, no defense Tech we know from the Mike Leach and Kliff Kingsbury days. Head coach Joey McGuire has changed the philosophy due to injury and scheme to change the face of the TRed Raiders this season.
- WATCH: Steve Sarkisian addresses the media ahead of Texas Tech
- No. 7 Texas vs. Texas Tech advanced stats preview
- Texas set to honor 23 seniors before Texas Tech game
- Steve Sarkisian wants the Longhorns to “leave no doubt” on Friday
- Sark hopes Texas “puts on a show” for Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark
- Junior RB Jonathon Brooks (knee) — out for the season
- Junior WR Xavier Worthy (undisclosed) — expected to play
- Sophomore RG DJ Campbell (undisclosed) — expected to play
How to watch:
Time: 6:30 p.m. Central
Radio: Texassports.com. Broadcasts are also available on Sirius 132, XM 199, and App Ch. 953
Weather: Clear, 60 degrees, wind E 4 mph
*Odds/lines are subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.