Throughout this year’s summer league slate, a trio of former Longhorns will see action. Demarcus Holland will suit up with the Los Angeles Lakers, while Jarrett Allen will headline the Brooklyn Nets roster. Mohamed Bamba, who was selected with by the Orlando Magic with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, will see his first unofficial stint as an NBA player.
Here’s a look at the summer league schedules for each former Longhorns standout:
Demarcus Holland - Los Angeles Lakers
- Lakers vs. Kings — Monday, July 2 — 11:00 PM ET — NBATV
- Lakers vs. Heat — Tuesday, July 3 — 9:00 PM ET — ESPN2
- Lakers vs. Warriors — Thursday, July 5 — 3:00 PM ET — NBATV
- Lakers vs. 76ers — Saturday, July 7 — 11:30 PM ET — ESPN
- Lakers vs. Bulls — Sunday, July 8 — 11:30 PM ET — ESPN2
- Lakers vs. Knicks — Tuesday, July 10 — 8:30 PM ET — ESPN2
Holland is the lone former Longhorn set to take part in both, the Sacramento Summer League and the Las Vegas Summer League, which is why he’ll be presented with twice as many opportunities as Allen and Bamba. He’ll need those additional showings in hopes of garnering legitimate NBA interest, too. Last season with the Lakers G-League affiliate, the South Bay Lakers, Holland averaged 8.6 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 50 appearances.
Mohamed Bamba — Orlando Magic
- Magic vs. Nets — Friday, July 6 — 5:00 PM ET — NBATV
- Magic vs. Grizzlies — Sunday, July 8 — 9:30 PM ET — ESPN2
- Magic vs. Suns — Monday, July 9 — 9:30 PM ET — NBATV
Bamba is among the more intriguing prospects in his class, as he boasts otherworldly length in the form of a 7’10 wingspan, and his NBA comparisons are to that of newly-minted Defensive Player of the Year, Rudy Gobert, only with more offensive upside. After spending the past few months re-working his offensive arsenal with renowned trainer Drew Hanlen and aiming to model his game after the likes of Joel Embiid and Anthony Davis, Bamba will get his first opportunity to showcase the fruits of his labors since late March against Allen and the Nets on Friday.
Jarrett Allen — Brooklyn Nets
- Nets vs. Magic — Friday, July 6 — 5:00 PM ET — NBATV
- Nets vs. Thunder — Saturday, July 7 — 7:00 PM ET — NBATV
- Nets vs. Timberwolves — Monday, July 9 — 11:00 PM ET — ESPNU
Not much was expected from Allen during his debut season after being selected with the No. 22 overall pick, but he proved to be a pleasant surprise for the Nets. In just 20 minutes per game, Allen averaged 8.2 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks, and flashed plenty of upside attacking the basket after setting pick-and-rolls. With a heightened level of confidence and comfort in comparison to what he owned entering the league, look for Allen to try and impose his will at points this time around.