For most in the world of college football coaches and pre-game football shows, research and preparation are key.
Head coach Charlie Weis must have skipped out on film study this week to hit up Golden Corral, because his understanding of the current Texas roster was not so great:
Listening to Kansas radio pregame show: Charlie Weis on UT RB's: "They can give it to Bergeron too..." Nope, think he's gone Charlie.— Ricky Doyle (@RickyDoyle) September 27, 2014
Not long after dropping that gem on the Kansas pre-game show, the announcer had himself a moment:
That was followed by this...Announcer: "If the name Swoopes sounds familiar it's because he is Sheryl Swoopes' son." Who knew.— Ricky Doyle (@RickyDoyle) September 27, 2014
As a result, your newest Twitter meme is stupid things that Kansas coaches or announcers believe to be true:
- Cedric Reed's height and athleticism comes from his grandfather, Willis -- Dustin McComas
- Little-known fact: Malcom Brown and Malcolm Brown are brothers -- Max Olson
- If the name Adrian Colbert sounds familiar, it's because he's Stephen's grandson. -- Mike Finger
- Jaxon Shipley, whose family owns a popular donut chain... -- Mike Finger
- Their cornerback, Quandre Diggs, gets his confidence from his brother Taye. -- Max Olson
- Most important to note, Malcom Brown's dad J'Covan also played at Texas. -- Bob Ballou
Add your own absurd Texas facts in the comments below.