Previously: QB | RB | WR | TE | OT
Needs: One or two
- Patrick Vahe, Euless Trinity
- Dallas Warmack, Atlanta (Ga.) Mays (Alabama commit)
- Zach Rogers, Lewisville Hebron (Arkansas commit)
Just like the Horns are in danger of losing their offensive tackle class, they are also in danger of losing Vahe, who is a cousin of the Teuhema brothers. The "loss" of Aaron Garza hardly even counts as a loss, as it seems that offensive coordinator Joe Wickline either pulled his offer or did so for all intents and purposes.
So as Wickline embarks upon the endeavor of re-recruiting offensive tackle commit Connor Lanfear, he will be doing the same thing with Vahe. The good news there is that Vahe hasn't decommitted yet. The bad news is that Alabama and Auburn just entered his recruitment, joining Baylor.
Rivals reports an LSU offer for Vahe, but 247Sports and ESPN do not, so it's not clear where Vahe stands at the moment with the Tigers, which could perhaps be part of what is keeping him in the class at the moment. He is expected to be at the Texas Junior Day this weekend, according to multiple reports, so that's also a positive sign.
Otherwise, there aren't any targets left on the board, as Rogers never seemed particularly interested in Texas and Warmack's older brother played at Alabama as well.
Rogers and Vahe are the only two four-star prospects at guard at the moment in the state of Texas, making holding onto Vahe all the more important. A potential target is Tyler Higsby of The Kinkaid School in Houston, who holds offers from Illinois, LSU, TCU, and Texas State, but he doesn't really seem to be on the radar at this point.
The need along the offensive line is undeniably at tackle, so if Wickline can keep Vahe in the class, that may be it for recruiting at guard.
- Quandre Diggs lays out plan for changing Texas fan culture
- It's Time For A Culture Change At DKR And It Starts With The Students
- Texas visit "exceeded" expectations of former USC QB Max Wittek
- Texas recruiting 2015: Assessing the offensive tackle needs/targets
- Texas offers Arkansas tight end Will Gragg
- Texas Baseball Takes on Texas A&M Corpus Christi