On the heels of a tremendously successful official visit weekend, Texas is set to officially host another handful of pledges and prospect this coming weekend.
With the early signing period rapidly approaching, which will take place next Wednesday, Dec. 20, the ‘Horns have an opportunity to not only completely seal the deal with a few key pledges, but swing things in their favor with prospects committed elsewhere and those Texas may have jumped into the mix with a bit late.
Bearing that in mind, after hosting half of its class for official visits last weekend, Tom Herman and the ‘Horns are set to officially host another trio of Texas pledges, as well as a handful of other key targets between now and Sunday.
- Brennan Eagles — 4-star WR —Alief Taylor — Texas commit (OV)
- Caden Sterns — 4-star S — Cibolo Steele — Texas commit (OV)
- DeMarvion Overshown — 4-star S — Arp — Texas commit (OV)
- Tahj Brown — 3-star SDE — Donaldsville (La.) — Houston commit (OV)
- Noah Banks — 3-star OT — Iowa Western C.C. — Arkansas commit (OV)
- Levon Livingston — 3-star OT — Navarro College (OV)
- Courtre Alexander — 3-star WDE — Owasso (Okla.)(OV)
- Mikey Grandy — Unranked OT — College of San Mateo (Calif.) (OV)
- Jake Smith — Unranked WR — Notre Dame Prep (Az.) (UV)
On the Texas side, Eagles and Sterns each plan to enroll early and arrive on campus for the spring semester. The same can be said of Brown, who plans to arrive in Houston in the coming weeks, so if Texas hopes to answer some of its defensive line deficiencies with his flip, it will have to take full advantage of the opportunity at hand this weekend. And of course, a trio of JUCO offensive tackle targets will be touring Austin over the next few days and given the need at the position, will likely receive the red carpet treatment.
This list will continue to be updated.
Visit confirmations courtesy of Twitter, 247Sports, Inside Texas, The Football Brainiacs.