For the final time this season, the Texas Longhorns will host an impressive collection of talent when Tom Herman’s team welcomes the Iowa State Cyclones for a ranked showdown.
This time around, talent in the trenches headlines the Longhorns visitor list, which can be seen below.
In addition to three key defensive commits, Texas will host a covered edge rusher out of Louisiana in Myron Warren, and top-ranked JUCO SDE Jacoby Jones, who decommitted from Oklahoma on Tuesday and is now trending to Texas.
- De’Gabriel Floyd — 4-star OLB — Westlake (Calif.) Village — Texas commit
- Jordan Whittington — 4-star WR — Cuero — Texas commit
- David Gbenda — 4-star ILB — Katy Cinco Ranch — Texas commit
- Peter Mpagi — 3-star WDE — Richmond George Ranch — Texas commit
- Jacoby Jones — 3-star SDE — JUCO
- Myron Warren — 3-star SDE — Many (La.)
- Deiontrae Wheat — Unranked WR — Kilgore
The Longhorns will finally host elite Arizona defensive back Kelee Ringo, and top-ranked 2020 running back Zachary Evans told Burnt Orange Nation’s Joe Hamilton that he’ll be back on campus as well. A car-full of interior talent will be headed for Austin, courtesy of Rischad Whitfield, also known as The Footwork King. He’s bringing Texas A&M commits Akinola Ogunibiyi, Smart Chibuzo, Braedon Nutter, and Cedric Melton.
- Kelee Ringo — 5-star CB — Scottsdale (Az.) Saguaro
- Zachary Evans — 5-star RB — Houston North Shore
- Akinola Ogunibiyi — 4-star OG — Sugar Land Kempner — Texas A&M commit
- Smart Chibuzo — 4-star OT — Hightower — Texas A&M commit
- Braedon Nutter — 3-star DT — Tomball Memorial
- Kelvontay Dixon — 3-star ATH — Carthage
- Cedric Melton — Unranked OT — Houston Klein Cain
- Deundre Blanton — Unranked DT — Kilgore
Texas wide receivers coach Corby Meekins personally requested that Rischad Whitfield bring Goffney to Austin for the Forty Acres, along with the aforementioned collection of interior talent.
- Dylan Goffney — Unranked WR — Cypress Bridgeland
- Latrell Neville — Unranked WR — Willowridge
This list will be updated.
Confirmations via Twitter, Burnt Orange Nation.