Tom Herman’s 2019 class added another key talent in the trenches on Monday.
After touring the Forty Acres over the weekend, Many (La.) strong-side defensive end Myron Warren brought his recruitment to a close and announced his commitment to the Texas Longhorns.
A former TCU pledge, Warren re-opened his recruitment on Oct. 9, just one day after notching an offer from the Longhorns. He’s since seen offers from Oregon, Nebraska, and Virginia Tech roll in as well, bringing his invitation total to 27 offers, which also includes Tennessee, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Oklahoma State.
However, given the time of his decommitment, Texas has been considered the team to beat throughout the past month and a half, and that general consensus came to fruition on Monday.
Fresh off of the visit that secured his commitment, the Longhorns latest pledge will return to campus for an official visit on Dec. 14, per Inside Texas’ Justin Wells.
At 6’3, 240 pounds, Warren is ranked as the nation’s No. 636 player, No. 44 strong-side defensive end, and as the No. 24 player in Louisiana, per the 247Sports Composite.
With Warren on board, Texas’ 2019 class now features a considerable amount of versatile talent in the trenches, as he joins three-star Huntsville strong-side defensive end T’Vondre Sweat, who was the first member of the class, and three star Richmond George Ranch weak-side defensive end Peter Mpagi.
Warren now becomes the 21st addition to Texas’ 2019 class, which currently ranks No. 7 nationally and headlines the Big 12. Furthermore, he’s the 10th out-of-state addition this cycle, joining talents from California, Arizona, Georgia, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- Tyler Johnson — 4-star OT
- Jordan Whittington — 4-star WR
- De’Gabriel Floyd — 4-star OLB (California)
- Jake Smith — 4-star WR (Arizona)
- Brayden Liebrock — 4-star TE (Arizona)
- Kenyatta Watson II — 4-star CB (Georgia)
- Demariyon Houston — 4-star WR (Oklahoma)
- Chris Adimora — 4-star S (California)
- Marcus Washington — 4-star WR (Missouri)
- Roschon Johnson — 4-star QB
- Derrian Brown — 4-star RB (Georgia)
- David Gbenda — 4-star ILB
- Javonne Shepherd — 4-star OT
- Tyler Owens — 4-star S
- Peyton Powell — 4-star ATH
- Marcus Tillman Jr. — 3-star OLB (Florida)
- Myron Warren — 3-star SDE (Louisiana)
- Peter Mpagi — 3-star WDE
- Marques Caldwell — 3-star CB
- T’Vondre Sweat — 3-star SDE
- Jared Wiley — 3-star TE
This story will be updated.